Construction Administrative Assistant
Soltek Pacific Construction Company has an immediate need for a Construction Administrative Assistant in San Diego.
Candidate requirements include:
Working closely with the Project Manager, Superintended and other project team members, the role of the Jobsite Administrative Assistant is to manage the day-to-day administrative duties within a jobsite construction office. Success will be measured by the incumbent’s ability to self-start, multi-task and assist wherever needed. Strong attention to detail is required.
- Set-up and maintain project office files.
- Procurement of all offices supplies needed by Project Team Members.
- Manage and coordination of the project issued Subcontracts/Purchase Orders.
- Procurement of updated subcontractor small business certifications.
- Manage Project Small Business tracking recap.
- Review and accept Subcontractor provided Insurance Certificate.
- Monitor insurance logs to maintain coverage at all times.
- Issue and track of Subcontractor Potential Change Order (PCO) requests.
- Issue and track of Subcontractor Change Orders.
- Prepare and submit subcontractor invoice recaps and pay requests.
- Procurement of and verification/acceptance of Subcontractor provided lien releases.
- Verify of Subcontractor Certified Payroll and Labor Compliance documentation.
- Manage/tracking of all correspondence to/from client.
- Record and distribute weekly client coordination meeting minutes.
- Collect of Subcontractor daily reports.
- Assist Project Superintendent with preparation and submission of Daily Report recap of the Project activity to Client.
- Ensure that all on site employee (Management and Craft Workers) timecards are submitted timely every week.
- Processing incoming/outgoing mail.
- Maintain project files at jobsite and on Corporate Office Server.
- Additional duties may be assigned.
Qualifications & Education
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Two years’ construction experience preferred.
- Intermediate computer skills. Proficient in MS Office Suite.
- Insurance, Certified Payroll, Contract and Change Order experience preferred.
- Valid CA Drive License.
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work with all types of personalities.
The primary working environment is in a construction trailer environment at an outdoor construction jobsite setting, with hazards all around. Employees in this environment will be exposed to many types of hazards including but not limited to heavy machinery, power tools, loud noises, debris, and weather. Employees must always follow all company and industry safety standards and requirements while working in this environment. This includes the proper use of PPE at all times when required.
Resumes and Support Staff applications (which must be printed from the employment page: https://www.soltekpacific.com/careers/ and faxed to 619-298-0276 or emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
SOLTEK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: SOLTEK is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at SOLTEK are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations. SOLTEK will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. SOLTEK encourages qualified applicants of all ages.”