Soltek Pacific Construction Company a leading Construction/Construction Management Firm is looking for an experienced Design Manager to lead our construction projects from the pre-award proposal phase, to the Design Phase, and through the Construction Phase to completion of a project. The Design Manager will lead the coordination between Soltek’s project team and the various sub consultant disciplines. Soltek Design Managers have a strong individual and team work-ethic as well and understand the accountability and professionalism required of a Design Manager on all construction projects. The Design Manager will have a strong understanding of designing for Construction– beyond general Architectural design experience.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform as the Design Build Team Lead in proposals and pre-construction (design) phase of the project
- Oversee assigned individual proposal efforts to ensure pre-proposal design efforts, narratives, subcontractor scoping documents and schedules are complete, accurate and timely to facilitate a complete proposal.
- Coordinate efforts with estimators, designers, subcontractors and owners to manage resources to meet project schedule
- Review and coordinate with estimating all design build subcontractor bid proposals for proper project scoping
- Evaluate performance of project team members, design consultants and design-build subcontractors to hold team member accountable for scope and deliverable deadlines
- Control the process of working though creative and practical solutions for project challenges
- Anaylze all aspects of the project, provide risk assessment and mitigation of identified issues
- Establish project budgets, manage design budgets, evaluate design decisions to ensure project remains within budget
- Represents the Company and/or project in meetings with Owners, Design Consultants and Subcontractors
- Build and maintain working relationships with other team members and peers, which include Owners, Customers, Executive Management, Project Managers, Superintendents, Designers and Subcontractors.
- Ensure accurate reporting for the job allowing for continuous improvement in performance.
- Comply, understand, and support corporate safety initiatives to ensure a safe work environment.
Preferred skills & expertise:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Management, Engineering, Architecture or comparable experience
- 5-10 years of Design Build Construction Management experience preferably working with public entities
- Ability to understand and work in a conceptual design environment
- Experience working on military projects, preferably with NAVFAC
- Knowledge of Meridian Project Management software (Prolog) or its equivalent, CPM Scheduling, Primavera P6 as well as CQC Certification preferred
- Knowledge of estimating, construction costs, project scheduling, purchasing, engineering principles, construction methods and building systems
- Excellent computer skills and ability to work with Microsoft Office and industry project management software
- Strong Presentation
- Understanding of drawings and specifications, contract and subcontract documents, and materials
- Strong written and oral communication skills
Management will review all resumes and contact those applicants they feel are most qualified for the position. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veteran
Soltek Pacific offers competitive wages commensurate with experience, 401K, plus a choice of health benefit plans and levels of coverage.
Veterans, Women, Minorities, Native Americans and individuals with Disabilities who are qualified are strongly encouraged to apply for this position.
Soltek Pacific Construction Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.