Soltek Pacific Construction Company has openings for a Project Engineer on upcoming projects in San Diego County.
Position responsibilities include:
Working side-by-side with the Project Manager, the role of the Project Engineer (PE) is to manage the on-site project administration. The PE is responsible for managing the Office Engineers and Jobsite Administrator. Success will be measured by the incumbent’s ability to effectively meet deadlines and produce accurate deliverables.
- Assist the Company’s field supervisors on the interpretation of drawings, specifications, IRs/RFIs, and questions for and from the Architect/Engineer.
- Assist Project Manager and Superintendent in developing and updating the project.
- Develop/manage the Cost Control and Labor Recap in conjunction with the Project Manager and Project Superintendent.
- Discover and resolve interface conflicts between the Company and subcontractors, as well as among subcontractors.
- Development and issuance/processing of Requests for Information from our Clients as well as request for clarification from our Design Professional.
- Run weekly Owner/Architect/Contractor meetings and maintain meeting minutes.
- Assist in Monthly Margin Analysis.
- Accumulate all necessary data for and prepare the monthly Owner Pay Applications.
- Draft Potential Change Orders (PCO’s) and Change Order requests to be submitted to Client.
- Prepare and maintain Submittal Register and other required Logs.
- Provide assistance on form detailing and special design.
- Assist with production analysis studies.
- Issue Field initiated purchasing.
- Responsible for all materials management, including but not limited to shop drawings, and expediting material deliveries. Processing and distribution of all submittals.
- Participate in the Jobsite safety meetings, weekly safety audits, etc.
- Facilitate and/or participate in preparatory meetings, initial inspections, follow-up inspections, etc.
- Track quantities of work put in place on a prescribed basis
- May perform other duties as required.
Qualifications & Education
- Two plus years of project engineer/construction management experience.
- Experience in public works projects preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably construction or engineering related.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted.
- Proficient with reading Blue Prints.
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal.
- Advanced computer skills. Proficient in MS Office Suite.
- Knowledge of Bluebeam and the Project Management Software (Prolog) or equivalent is required.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work with all types of personalities.
- Sitting – regularly
- Walking and standing – regularly
- Using a computer, office tools, and equipment – regularly
- Kneeling, stooping, bending – occasionally
- Climbing or crawling – occasionally
- Lifting, pushing, or pulling up to 50 lbs. – occasionally
The primary working environment is split between an indoor office environment and an outdoor construction Jobsite setting, with hazards all around. Employees in this environment will be exposed to many types of hazards including but not limited to: heavy machinery, power tools, loud noises, flying objects, debit, and extreme weather.
Employees must always follow all company and industry safety standards and requirements while working in this environment. This includes the proper use of PPE at all times when required.
Veterans, Women, Minorities, Native Americans and individuals with Disabilities who are qualified are strongly encouraged to apply for this position.
Soltek Pacific Construction Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.