Public Works General Contractor has immediate need for Project Engineer for the project located in San Diego area.
The project is fast paced with an emphasis on pavement and utility demolition, earthwork, and new site utilities. Project consists of a new steel framed building, renovation of 6 existing buildings, and a whole site modernization.
The role of the Project Engineer is to support the jobsite management team.
The Project Engineer may report to either the Senior Project Engineer and / or the Project Manager.
- Support the field with Materials Management (submittals, shop drawings, and expediting material deliveries).
- Create and track RFIs.
- Track Subcontracts, insurance, pay applications, correspondence, change estimates, change orders.
- Assists with gathering data for the monthly Owner Pay Application and Margin Analysis.
- Participate in the jobsite safety meetings, weekly safety audits, etc.
- Facilitate and/or participate in Preparatory Meetings, Initial Inspections, Follow-up Inspections, etc.
- May perform other duties as required.
Qualifications & Education
- Bachelor degree in construction related field.
- One year of construction related experience.
- Equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted.
- Basic knowledge of reading Blue Prints.
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal.
- Intermediate computer skills.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite with emphasis on Excel.
- Knowledge of Project Management Software including Procore or equivalent is preferred.
- Familiar with the use of Bluebeam
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work with all types of personalities.
- Sitting – regularly
- Walking and standing – regularly
- Using computer, office tools and equipment – regularly
- Kneeling, stooping, bending – occasionally
- Climbing or crawling – occasionally
- Lifting, pushing or pulling up to 50 lbs. – occasionally
The primary working environment is split between an indoor office environment and an outdoor construction jobsite setting, with hazards all around.
Employees in this environment will be exposed to many types of hazards including but not limited to: heavy machinery, power tools, loud noises, flying objects, debit, and extreme weather.
Employees must always follow all company and industry safety standards and requirements while working in this environment. This includes the proper use of PPE at all times when required.
Salary Range of $65,000 to $85,000
“SOLTEK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: SOLTEK is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at SOLTEK are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations. SOLTEK will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. SOLTEK encourages qualified applicants of all ages.”
Veterans, Women, Minorities, Native Americans and individuals with Disabilities who are qualified are strongly encouraged to apply for this position.
Soltek Pacific Construction Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.