Public Works General Contractor has immediate need for Project Manager for a project located in the San Diego area.
Success will be measured by the candidate’s effective and efficient management of cost, quality, and timely completion of projects.
Essential Duties include:
- Communicate efficiently and effectively with clients, vendors, regulatory agencies, and all stakeholders.
- Preparation of project schedule(s) and drive the project to meet deadlines consistently.
- Manage execution of contracts, change orders, and project-related documents.
- Negotiation and management of cost proposals.
- Management of owner billing
- Preparation and submission of subcontractor payments to Corporate Accounting
- Preparation of comprehensive monthly job status reports to Project Executive.
- Responsibility for ensuring compliance with Federal, State, local and other regulations
- Preparation of monthly Financial Projections.
Qualifications & Education Requirements
- 10 to 12 years of relevant experience in the construction industry
With at least 5 years as a Project Manager.
- Experience in public works projects preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably construction or engineering related.
An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted.
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills.
- Knowledge of Project Management Software including Procore, or equivalent is preferred.
- Experience with Primavera Scheduling software preferred.
- Experience Bluebeam preferred
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work with all types of personalities.
- Sitting – regularly
- Walking and standing – regularly
- Using computer, office tools and equipment – regularly
- Kneeling, stooping, bending – occasionally
- Climbing or crawling – occasionally
- Lifting, pushing or pulling up to 50 lbs. – occasionally
The primary working environment is split between an indoor office environment and an outdoor construction jobsite setting, with hazards all around. Employees in this environment will be exposed to many types of hazards including but not limited to: heavy machinery, power tools, loud noises, flying objects, debit, and extreme weather. Employees must always follow all company and industry safety standards and requirements while working in this environment. This includes the proper use of PPE at all times when required.
Resumes and Support Staff applications (which must be printed from the employment page: https://www.soltekpacific.com/careers/ and faxed to 619-298-0276 or emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
SOLTEK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: SOLTEK is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at SOLTEK are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations. SOLTEK will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. SOLTEK encourages qualified applicants of all ages.”