Soltek Pacific Construction Company is looking for a competent SSHO in Ridgecrest, CA to support our construction project.
Candidate requirements include:
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Candidate must understand all phases of ground-up construction, be responsible for oversight of workplace safety, reduce risk and prevent injury, illness, hazardous exposure, property and environmental damage. Ability to communicate effectively with workers and sub-contractors.
- Develop and implement safety policies and procedures in compliance with Owner, Federal, State, and Local rules and regulations including OSHA policies and regulations.
- Prepare Dept. of Defense (DoD), and Civil project submittals Assist sub-contractors with their safety submittals, i.e. Activity Hazard Analysis, competent persons and acquiring their safety training certifications
- Plan and implement programs to train managers and employees in worksite safety practices, fire prevention, and correct handling techniques for chemicals toxins, equipment, and other materials.
- Enforce procedures and guidelines for the Injury and Illness Prevention Program (IIPP)
- The SSHO shall report to a senior project (or corporate) official.
- Foster culture of safety and situational awareness; demonstrates, communicates and encourages best practices.
- Coordinates with management and supervisory staff to ensure safe operations through optimum use of equipment, facilities and personnel.
Skills & Expertise:
- Minimum 5 years experience in Construction dealing with government contract safety protocol
- EM-385-1-1 2014 Required (Army Corps of Engineers Safety & Health manual)
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and other basic computer skills
- Excellent written/communication skills and ability to work well with others
- Requires 30 hour OSHA training, 40 hr EM-385 certificate
- Must have knowledge of DOD protocols including dealing with Government contracts, including safety management of DOD and Civil Project submittals
Have training and knowledge of:
- Trenching and excavating
- Fall Protection
- CPR/First aid, certificate
Job Type: Full-time
Resumes and Support Staff applications (which must be printed from the employment page: https://www.soltekpacific.com/careers/ and faxed to 619-298-0276 or emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
SOLTEK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: SOLTEK is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at SOLTEK are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations. SOLTEK will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. SOLTEK encourages qualified applicants of all ages.”